CROSSING FATE: DIRECTOR'S DIARY

Wide shot... Medium, OTS and CU, Wide shot... Medium, OTS and CU......on and on and on it went. Those were the thoughts I woke up with. Then I remembered, the dialogue in that last scene still needs some work. I picked up my phone and dialled the producer who also doubled as the screenwriter for the film. Ring.....Ring...... She will have to pardon me for this one. I'd met Dami just about a month earlier but it felt like I'd known her forever. One thing I know very well is that waking her up early in the morning is not the brightest idea. But today was different...."Hello Seth, ..... Gimme a minute please. Just stepping out of the shower". Okay..... Click. 
I probably should relax myself and hop into the shower. Why was I so nervous? I'd directed and shot music videos and wedding films for years, so why is this any different. Well, lately I've been working on getting into film. I'd even worked on a couple of sets as slater and cinematographer but had never directed before now. 
Today would be my directorial debut. Also, I'd not met the cast before now and  had no idea what they were going to be like. Is Mofe going to turn out as some cocky Celeb actor or is he going to be easy to work with? I do work well under pressure but this guy had better be in the right head space today. We also have so much to do in 12 hours cutting across 3 locations. Most of the storyboard was done, but you never know still.
Just then, my ringer goes off. It's Seyi, my Assistant DP and focus puller. He was going to be a little late getting to location. Well, thanks for the heads up. 
At this rate I was going to be late myself. I said a quick prayer and hopped in the shower. I was out in minutes and dressed and in another couple of minutes was loading the car with the equipment. 
Fast forward another couple of hours, we were all set to roll on Scene 1. 
I had no reason to be so worked up it turned out. Everyone was on set and we were already trading banter like we'd been together for ages. I looked around and said a silent "thank you Lord". I knew then we were going to have a lovely experience filming Crossing Fate. This was another step in the right direction and I've been blessed with the right crop of people to take the journey with. 
"Camera...Rolling, Sound....Speed, Call it.....Scene 1, Take 1 .........Action!

























Photo Credits: Seyato Aremola



No comments:

Post a Comment